ADMISSION /REGISTRATION POLICY
Enrollment is held for returning families as well as new students in November. Registration is in January. At this time a
family fee is charged in accordance with the school fee schedule. This amount will be credited to the family’s book bill. The fee is non-refundable unless the school cannot accept your child due to lack of space or other consideration beyond the family’s control.
Children will be accepted into St. Stephen Martyr School using the following criteria:
1. Catholic students whose families are active parishioners in good standing and already have children enrolled in school.
2. Catholic students whose families are active parishioners in good standing but do not have children in our school.
3. Catholic students whose families are active parishioners in good standing in parishes with no school and already have
children enrolled in our school.
4. New Catholic students whose families are active parishioners in good standing in parishes with no school.
5. Students of other faith traditions whose families are active in SSM School and already have children in our school.
6. New students of other faith traditions whose families do not have children in our school.
7. Private students who do not have any affiliation with the Catholic Church or faith tradition.
If a class is already at capacity, a waiting list will be developed. If a place becomes available, the family has three days to accept or reject the place. Late registrants and applicants will be added to the waiting list for a particular grade following the above priorities and in chronological order. For classes under subscribed, immediate entrance will be allowed at any time with the approval of the designated parish authority. Enrollment in pre-school does not guarantee a child enrollment in Kindergarten, but gives priority according to above policy. All new students’ acceptances are probationary for three months.
Information the school will need to enroll a new student
Please bring the following information with you to registration for each child you will be enrolling.
1. Copy of Original Birth Certificate from the Department of Vital Statistics.
2. Copy of Social Security Card
3. Original Copy of Baptismal Certificate from Church that baptized Child.
4. $100 Registration fee per family which will be applied to Book Bill.
5. Completed Student Application
Please feel free to contact the school at 635-7141 for more information.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
St. Stephen Martyr School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, scholarship and financial aid programs,
or athletic and other school-administered programs.